Thursday, July 28, 2016

NYC 2016


NYC was the first stop on my way to Iceland.  It's been more than 25 years since my last visit to the Big Apple and a lot of cool stuff have occured that I wanted to see.

High on my list were the new Whitney Museum of American Art,  High Line Park, Museum of Modern Art, Barclay Center and Brooklyn, WTC and the 9/11 Museum, and of course, a few Broadway shows.  There's been several new cutting-edge buildings designed by some of the world's "starchitects" that I wanted to see.

I also wanted to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and see Storm King Art Center (see separate blog post following this one).

Well folks, Mission Accomplished!  I was able to see everything on my check list plus a few other surprises I wasn't aware of.

I spent 10 fabulous days in NYC and some friends from Sactown (Peter, Susan, Tom and Lisa) joined me on this leg.  A big shout out to Tom - "Jersey Boy"- who grew up in the area and showed us some of his favorite places and eateries.

To view highlight pics of NYC, click on "NYC 2016" below the photo:

From NYC 2016

No comments: