Sunday, June 19, 2011

Village Courier


The Village Courier is Sun City Roseville's monthly magazine. Several months ago, the publisher's staff contacted me to seek permission to use photographs from last year's (2010) Amgen Tour of California (ATOC) I took of the race.

The magazine was doing a spread of the annual race that occurred in May and were looking for a compelling photo to use on the cover. To my surprise, they came across my race photos posted in my blog on May 16, 2010.

Being a small-scale publication, they offered no monetary remuneration but would give me photo credits. Hey, I 'm no professional photographer and was flattered that a real magazine wanted to use my photo so I agreed to this arrangement.

Not only did one of my photos grace the cover, three others were used in the context of the article. It goes to show you never know who's lurking out there in the blogosphere checking out one's blog.

The ATOC article and photographs were published in the May 2011 issue of The Village Courier.




Click on photo twice to read entire article





To view the full photo gallery of the 2010 ATOC photos, link to -
http://javageno.blogspot.com/2010_05_01_archive.html
or click on May 2010 in Blog Archives on the left column of home page.



3 comments:

haroldthehiker said...

congratulations...it may not be the major leagues, but sometimes the river cats offer better entertainment...is national geographic looking at your others?...conde nast?...

Eric & Marie said...

Hey Geno, great photos and credits!

Dawn Fine said...

That is Awesome!!!!!!